If you’ve struggled with plantar warts in the past, your treatment options were probably not especially appealing. Burning, freezing, or surgically removing warts from the feet can often cause chronic pain, bleeding, bandaging, and other annoyances. Today, Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, shares five reasons why you should consider Swift treatment!
Swift provides many advantages that the more traditional methods of plantar wart treatments can’t, which makes it our most common recommendation for our plantar warts patients. Here are five reasons why.
- Less Painful: Swift Treatment administers a low dose of microwave energy into the wart. This signals the body’s immune system to the area where it can tackle the virus that caused the wart. While some patients report a small amount of discomfort during the procedure, it ends as soon as the application stops, which is just a few seconds. We highly recommend Swift for children and adults who need plantar wart treatment and are more sensitive to pain.
- No Aftercare is Required: Another benefit is that not only will it remove pain, but you also won’t have to worry about dressings or other types of aftercare after a session. You can proceed with your day as you normally would.
- Much Quicker: A Swift treatment session generally takes approximately 10 minutes. This time can be a bit shorter or longer, depending on how extensive your plantar warts are. Sessions are spread over the course of several weeks, and a total of 2 to 4 sessions is typically suggested overall.
- No Damage to Healthy Skin: With freezing, burning, or cutting treatments for plantar warts, there’s always collateral damage. It’s nearly completely inevitable, and there may even be potential for scarring. Swift does not cut or damage the skin in any way, making these concerns a thing of the past!
- High Success Rate: Plantar warts can be stubborn, but Swift has been shown to be successful in 85% of patients. And given that the treatment basically teaches the immune system to attack the virus, your body will be much more responsive to combating future infections. Your odds of your plantar warts returning in the future are greatly decreased!
Swift is our recommended treatment for plantar warts in most cases. Beginning a course of treatment as quickly as possible will not only help you get the results you need sooner, but it will also diminish the opportunity for your warts to worsen or spread.
If you’re tired of painful, embarrassing plantar warts, contact Dr. Hubert Lee and his team at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA. You can schedule an appointment online or by calling us at 425-455-0936.