If you have a plantar wart, you probably know that many traditional methods of treating them can be very unpleasant. Freezing and acids can sting, and surgical removal can be painful. And while warts typically go away on their own, it can take years. Today Dr. Hubert Lee of CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, is sharing information regarding the revolutionary Swift treatment for plantar warts.
Why Plantar Warts Can Be Challenging to Treat
Whenever a virus invades our body, our immune system attempts to destroy it. Because the virus stays near the surface of the skin, this can be difficult to treat. The Swift treatment method addresses this problem in a different way, by helping our own immune systems do their jobs.
How Swift Works
Swift delivers low-powered, controlled microwave energy into the area of a wart, starting a favorable response. Our cells respond to this friction and heat by releasing special proteins into the area that serve as signals to our immune system that something isn’t quite right. It then makes it swarm the scene, where they then target the HPV and begin eradicating it.
The Benefits of Using Swift Treatment for Warts
When compared to more traditional methods of treating plantar warts, Swift offers several huge advantages including the following:
- It’s considerably more comfortable. Some patients report a minor pinching sensation, which lasts only 2 seconds per application.
- There is no harm to the skin. Where cuts and chemicals can damage healthy skin, Swift only heats the interior layers of skin, which is not enough to cause a burn.
- A quicker response. For some patients, warts go away after only one or two sessions with Swift.
- No aftercare is needed. Patients don’t experience any lingering pain and they won’t have to deal with special shoes, bandages, or anything like that.
- Treatment is consistent. Because peeling cryotherapy and acids can damage healthy skin, it is not unusual for doctors to be cautious to avoid going too deep. With Swift, these dangers aren’t present, which means that it can deliver more reliable results in the initial treatments.
With Swift treatment, we can effectively clear up your warts with minimal hassle and discomfort. If you think you may have a plantar wart, contact the office of Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA today at (425) 455-0936 to schedule a consultation. Be sure to ask about our new SWIFT treatment method for warts for your child!