Those irritating, abrasive bumps on your soles can turn even a straightforward walk into an uncomfortable ordeal. Stemming from the human papillomavirus (HPV), plantar warts thrive in warm, moist environments like swimming pools or gym locker rooms. Highly contagious and frustratingly persistent, plantar warts can afflict some adults for years.
Creams, freezing, or laser treatments are sometimes used to deal with plantar warts, yet these often leave scars or prove ineffective in the long term. That’s why the team at CarePlus Foot and Ankle Specialists uses SWIFT Microwave Therapy, a technology that can remove plantar warts for good. Read on to learn more about how it works, why it’s often a better choice than others, and what it might be able to do for you!
Traditional Treatments Fall Short
Unfortunately, the treatments below don’t always get rid of plantar warts for good.
- Creams and Acids: These require lengthy, repeated, and often painful applications, with success rates of around 50%.
- Cryotherapy: This method involves freezing your warts, but it can damage surrounding tissue and frequently fails to eliminate the problem permanently.
- Laser Ablation: These treatments can be expensive, leave scars, and cause post-procedural pain.
SWIFT Steps into the Treatment Gap
This groundbreaking technology utilizes low-dose microwave energy delivered through a specialized probe. In doing so, it directly targets the wart tissue, stimulating your body's natural immune response to fight the HPV virus and eliminate the wart from the inside out.
- Painless and Gentle: Unlike freezing or laser treatments, SWIFT is virtually painless.
- Fast and Effective: Studies show a success rate of over 77% with just 3-4 treatment sessions spaced about 4 weeks apart.
- Scar-Free: Unlike lasers, SWIFT leaves no unsightly scars, preserving your soles.
- Minimal Recovery Time: SWIFT requires no bandages or special post-treatment care.
- Better Than the Rest: A recent study published in the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery compared SWIFT and cryotherapy. SWIFT demonstrated significantly higher success rates (77% vs. 53%) and greater patient satisfaction, with less recurrence and pain.
Don’t let warts slow down your step. If you’ve struggled to remove plantar warts using other methods or experienced a recurrence of the condition, contact Dr. Hubert Lee and his team at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA! You can schedule an appointment online or by calling us at 425-455-0936.