Foot pain can affect your life in numerous ways. When you're dealing with painful ankle or foot conditions, custom orthotics provide the support needed to help decrease pain. Today Dr. Hubert Lee of CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA is sharing five little-known benefits of custom orthotics.
- Provide inconspicuous support for your feet. If you’re concerned about highly visible orthotics, you might just be surprised at just how well custom orthotics can be concealed! In many cases, you can utilize orthotic inserts in athletic or formal shoes. Orthotics can even be designed for sandals and high heels.
- Help diminish pain. Custom orthotics cushion and support your feet where you most need it. This alleviates areas of pressure that cause acute and chronic pain. Orthotics help with a variety of foot and ankle problems, including:
- High arches or flat feet
- Plantar fasciitis and heel pain
- Arthritis pain
- Hammertoes, corns, calluses, and bunions
- Make workouts more comfortable. With the right foot and ankle support, you can exercise without worrying about chronic foot pain or injuries. When you can work out in comfort it's easier to maintain your physical activities.
- Help prevent injuries. Extra support for your ankles and feet can significantly reduce your risk of further injuries, including sprains and fractures. Your orthotics provide a steady surface that supports your leg and foot motions and protects you from the strain.
- Provide a precise fit. When your custom orthotics are prescribed, your feet and ankles are carefully considered. Our podiatrist will take into account what type of shoes you want to wear and any pertinent information regarding your unique health history.
Our custom orthotics are designed to fit your foot precisely, and they’re especially useful for more complicated foot conditions. To see if you’re an orthotics candidate, contact the office of Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA today at (425) 455-0936 to schedule a consultation.