This year, why not begin 2020 by resolving to spend the time to take better care of your feet? Don’t let your feet cause you distress and pain in 2020. Give them the care and attention they deserve and start the year on the right foot with these tips from Dr. Hubert Lee of CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists.
Resolutions for Healthy Feet
If you’re living with foot pain, there’s no time like now to fix it! Visiting a podiatrist is the first step in getting your feet pain-free. Whether you’ve got a family history of foot conditions, or have just begun feeling pain in your feet, nip problems in the bud today to prevent future problems from developing by putting your feet first.
Say Goodbye to Foot Pain in 2020
- Visit your podiatrist. If you’re experiencing foot pain, it’s important to address it as soon as possible. Many conditions, such as plantar fasciitis, can be resolved through specific exercise programs, but it’s important to visit your podiatrist if pain persists.
- Wear proper footwear. The shoes you choose can have a big impact on your feet, with many foot problems caused by ill-fitting or unsupportive shoes. Specialist footwear or insoles can relieve the pain of bunions or hammertoes.
- Show your feet some love. Your feet are working hard to carry you around all day, and it’s vital to give them the treatment they deserve. Committing to take some time to give yourself regular foot soaks and foot massages, and to do exercises designed to keep your feet healthy, can be a great way to prevent foot problems.
- Exercise regularly. Many people will be resolving to take more exercise this year, but it’s vital to ensure that your feet don’t take the strain! Prepare your feet for exercise properly, by warming up and by choosing the right shoes for training.
- Comfort first. Forget high heels that put pressure on your feet and can cause them to develop bunions and heel spur. Choose shoes that are both comfortable and stylish, and you can give your feet a treat every day.
And, as always, if you’re experiencing any troubling issues with your feet or ankles, contact the office of Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists at (425) 455-0936 to book your visit or schedule an appointment online.
Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy New Year!