Goodbye 2020 and hello 2021! You know, making a New Year’s resolution is a tradition that many people have been engaging in for over 4,000 years. So today, Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, is sharing 5 top New Year’s resolutions to keep your feet healthy and happy in the coming year.
Every year the most popular resolution made is for people to become healthier through exercise and diet. We agree that it’s an excellent goal, and, of course, we want everyone to live active, healthy lives. However, one aspect that many people don’t consider when making their resolutions is their ankle and foot health.
Here are 5 suggestions for better foot and ankle health in the new year:
- Be sure to wear supportive and form-fitting footwear. Make it a practice to replace your shoes every 300 to 500 miles of running or walking or every 45 to 60 hours of other activities such as basketball, tennis, or dancing.
- Listen to your body when it’s trying to tell you something. Don’t exercise or run through persistent pain, as doing so can cause serious harm.
- Wear the right shoes. Avoid wearing flip-flops and high heels as much as possible. Both can be detrimental to the health of your ankles and feet. If you choose to wear heels, consider those recommended by podiatrists and offer plenty of cushioning, comfort, and support.
- Begin a daily foot care routine. This regime should include examining your feet daily (especially if you have diabetes) and cleansing your feet and apply moisturizer daily.
- Don’t neglect ankle or foot pain. If your ankles or feet are bothering you, it’s time to schedule an appointment with your podiatrist. They will determine what’s causing the pain and discomfort and find the best solution to get you feeling better.
We want everyone to have healthy and happy feet in 2021.
If you are experiencing any issues with your feet or ankles, or have any questions, please contact the office of Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, today at (806) 322-3338 to schedule a consultation.