Sadly, in today’s world, foot pain has become a common problem. Many of us work jobs that require us to be on our feet for many hours, which can put an unbelievable amount of stress on our feet. So how can you make your life a bit more pain-free? Invest in custom orthotics! In today’s post, Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, shares some conditions that can be relieved with orthotics.
Custom orthotics are inserts that are placed in your shoes. Typically prescribed by a podiatrist, they are custom-made for the shape and size of your feet. They are also designed to remove pressure and absorb shock. This makes custom orthotics ideal for anyone who spends a lot of time on their feet and for those who have an uneven walking pattern that produces pain in their ankles or feet.
What Conditions Can Be Helped with Custom Orthotics?
There are numerous conditions that custom orthotics can help. Foot pain can affect many other parts of the body, including the knees, back, and hips. That’s why it’s crucial that you take care of your foot pain before it leads to other, bigger problems.
- Back pain: Proper foot health is key to good balance; without it, your back will be negatively impacted.
- Bunions: Painful bumps that develop at the base of the big toe.
- Diabetes:Diabetic neuropathy can cause numbness in the feet, and orthotics can help decrease the stress that could possibly lead to foot ulcers.
- Bursitis: Good arch and heel support can help to relieve the pain associated with inflammation in the toes and heels.
- Flat feet:Often causes ankle, back, and foot pain.
- Heel spurs:Orthotics can help relieve the pressure that develops when excess bone grows on the heel.
- Hammertoes:Often connected to bunions, orthotics can help reduce pressure.
- Plantar fasciitis:A disorder that causes pain in the heel.
How Do Custom Orthotics Help?
- Correct foot deformities
- Provides support to the knees, back, and ankles.
- Help correct problematic gait patterns.
- Help reduce injuries.
- Redistribute the pressure on your feet.
If you have any of the above conditions and want to know if custom orthotics can help, the first step is to contact Dr. Hubert Lee and his team at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, to schedule your next visit. You can schedule an appointment online or by calling us at 425-455-0936.