Today Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, is sharing information regarding the most common football injuries he treats.
With the colder weather moving in, many of our patients begin to experience foot pain. Today Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, is sharing information regarding some of the most common foot conditions we see during the colder months.
1. Cracked Heels: We see this quite often. The cracks aren’t attractive and can be painful if they go deep enough. The best way to prevent heel cracks is to moisturize your feet, especially after a shower.
2. Athlete’s Foot: While many people think this is only a problem during the warmer months, it can also occur in winter. It usually happens when you layer several pairs of socks, and when the feet can’t breathe, they begin to sweat, setting the stage for Athlete’s foot. You can avoid this issue by wearing acrylic blend socks with moisture-wicking features.
3. Blisters: While you can get a blister at any time of year, holiday shopping and winter sports gear rentals elevate the risk. It is challenging to find the perfect fit when it comes to boots or rental skates. The friction created by your foot sliding around in your footwear can cause a blister. During extended shopping trips, footwear that seemed to be comfortable for a few hours of light wear can suddenly become painful during a full day of shopping.
4. Foot Pain: If you want to remain active during the colder weather, be sure to see your podiatrist if the foot or ankle pain lasts more than a few days with no apparent cause.
5. Fractures: Snowboard buffs, skiers, and skaters are particularly at risk for accidents that can result in a fractured ankle. Just walking on uneven surfaces, particularly those that have patches of ice elevates the risk. Wearing properly fitted footwear with padded socks can diminish the risk by protecting the feet.
If you are experiencing these or any other conditions, contact the office of Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA today at (425) 455-0936 to schedule a consultation.
You Might Also Enjoy...
Patients with Raynaud's syndrome can experience numbness or cold in their feet at any time of year. If your feet quickly go from warm to freezing after exposure to the cold, in stressful situations, or during a sharp increase in physical activity?
On this day around the world, podiatrists pursue the advancement of the Podiatry field for everyone's benefit, and, to better serve those who suffer from ankle and foot conditions.
October is National Physical Therapy Month, today Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, shares information regarding how physical therapy can help your feet and ankles.
September 20-24 is Fungal Disease Awareness Week. Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, shares information regarding two of the most common fungal infections that affect the feet.
In observance of Falls Prevention Month, Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, shares his top tips for preventing falls at home.