In the days of social distancing, and quarantine, you’re probably trying to think of things to do while spending more time at home. In this age of the internet, it shouldn’t be too hard to think of creative ways to stay connected with family and friends while social distancing. Today Dr. Hubert Lee of CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, is sharing eight of his favorites.
- Video call: Video calls are probably the easiest way to stay in touch with friends and family. There are numerous programs and apps out there that let you be face-to-face without leaving your homes.
- Virtual game night: Stay connected while having fun at the same time by playing games together. Choose favorites like UNO or Monopoly online or get out your favorite card and board games and play together while on a video chat.
- Stream movies together: While on a video call together, you and your friends can choose a movie and start it at the same time. Popular apps like Netflix Party allow you to view movies or shows at the same time.
- Virtual dinner party: There are easy and quick dinner dishes you can make out of items you have in your pantry. Cook the same dish as your friend or loved one simultaneously while on a video chat. Then sit down together and catch up while you eat the meal you’ve both prepared.
- Virtual happy hour: While practicing social distancing during quarantine, get your favorite beverage, and hold a group video chat. Have a drink together while catching up.
- Get some exercise: There are numerous free online workout apps and classes available for your fitness goals. Why not video-call a friend and take a class together?
- Virtual book club: Grab your favorite cocktail or a glass of wine and talk about what you’re reading.
- Phone call: In this era of texting, some people forget how easy it is to just give a friend or family member a quick call. They’ll appreciate the personal gesture.
We hope you enjoy these tips and that you and your loved ones stay safe, healthy, and in good spirits!
If you or a loved one is noticing the symptoms associated with COVID toes, or any other issues with your feet, contact Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, today at (425) 455-0936.