Foot and ankle issues can be due to numerous reasons, ranging from daily routines and lifestyle choices to chronic medical conditions like diabetes or arthritis. Many foot and ankle problems can be addressed through conservative treatment. A visit to your podiatrist has many benefits.
Dr. Hubert Lee at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, shares:
The top 5 reasons you should consider scheduling a visit today:
1. Diabetes: Those with this disease are pre-disposed to foot issues, from flakey and dry skin to diabetic neuropathy. Diabetes also elevates a person’s risk of infection. If you have diabetes, you should have foot exams performed by a podiatrist annually.
2. Fractures and Sprains: Podiatrists treat strains, broken bones, and sprains in the foot or ankle. When ankle sprains remain untreated, they can result in chronic instability, chronic tendon inflammation, and arthritis. When fractures remain untreated, they can cause nerve damage and bone deformities. Podiatrists perform a thorough examination in order to diagnose your injury. They also provide immediate treatment and follow-up care to ensure your complete recovery.
3. Joint Pain in the Lower Extremities: If you feel stiffness, tenderness, swelling, or pain in your feet or ankles, it may be an early sign of arthritis, a progressive condition that can impact the functioning of the feet. If left untreated, arthritis can lead to balance and mobility issues.
4. Bunions, Corns, or Calluses: Patients commonly visit a podiatrist for corns and calluses because they cause swelling and can be painful. Your podiatrist may recommend cortisone injections to decrease the pain. If left untreated, a bunion will likely worsen. A podiatrist may provide conservative treatments like medication, add support like taping, or recommend surgery as required.
5. Ingrown Toenails: These can be very painful, particularly chronic ones. You should see a podiatrist for ingrown toenails that produce pain, significant drainage, or mobility problems, and to protect you from recurrent ingrown toenails and infection.
If you are searching for “the best podiatrist near me” and are in the Bellevue, WA area, Dr. Hubert Lee and his team at CarePlus Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellevue, WA, is the place for you. We can address your concerns and provide the best treatment options for you. You can schedule an appointment online or by calling us at 425-455-0936.